I am Birgitte, a Norwegian freelance illustrator and designer.
My passion is to produce colourful, playful and eye-catching imagery, which often leads me to work with limited colour palettes. These can be anything from bright colours, to more naturalistic and muted colours, all depending on the brief at hand, or the idea and mood I’m going for. Of course this makes it a lot easier for me to work with people and companies who want to use a set colour palette for their imagery.
The work I do include creating illustrations for articles, stories, poster and so on, though I also do design, which also includes typesetting for books. I’ve also been known for painting portraits both of people and pets, as well as landscape and travel themed imagery.
If you’re in the market for illustrations your story or project, or maybe you want a portrait of your favourite person or pet, then drop me a line. I work on both private commissions and corporate projects, where I produce work to the provided brief as well as meet the set deadlines.
If you’re interested in commissioning me for a big or a small project, please get in touch by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also provide a little bit of details about the project you have in mind, including possible deadlines.
- 3x3 International Illustration Award Show no. 19 (2022)
- Merit: Norwegian 2022 Winter Olympians and gold medalists
- Honourable mention: Sequoia National Park poster
- Tiny Dragons - A set of three dragon themed books featuring the art of several different artists. The project was curated by Jon Schindehette and was fully backed on Kickstarter in 2018.
- Project Gaia - A fan book for Guerrilla Games’ Horizon Zero Dawn and Horizon Forbidden West. The book was curated by Tarak Chami , and was successfully backed on Kickstarter in 2021.
- Loaf Tarot - An artist tarot deck themed around cute fat animals. My card was the Ten of Wands - Bumblebee. The project was curated by Cari Corene and Amanda Coronado, and was fully backed on Kickstarter in only three hours, and reached a lot of its stretch goals.
- Yet to Come fan video - A fan music video collaboration for BTS’ single ‘Yet To Come’. I created both a frame-by-frame animation for the intro, as well as provided graphics to be animated.